About Calls for Action
When Congress is considering legislation that affects the real estate industry, NAR calls on its members to act. Simply by contacting your Member of Congress through an e-mail or a phone call, you can ensure that your opinion has been heard. When you respond to a Call for Action, you are taking advantage of an opportunity to influence your industry and ensure your business remains strong. Calls for Action allow NAR members to join together and speak with one loud, powerful voice.
As a member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®, you will receive Call for Action Emails whenever an issue arises on Capitol Hill that warrants quick action. (If you have opted out of receiving emails from NAR, you will not receive the emails. To reinstate emails from NAR, please contact MAR for assistance.)
NAR also has launched a REALTOR® Action Center Mobile App, which allows you to receive and respond to Calls for Action anywhere. The App includes features which allow you to VOTE, ACT and INVEST on the go:
Mobile Advocacy: Receive a notification alerting you whenever there is a new Call for Action. The new mobile alert format will make participation a snap. No forms to fill out. Short, fast and easy!
Mobile Investing: Make your annual investment via your phone. Now there is no excuse to not invest in RPAC!
Action Profiles: The app contains a summary of your REALTOR® Party engagement. A list of open action items, actions you have already taken.
Advocacy Reports: Track how your state and local associations are doing in terms of their advocacy efforts to help us reach our annual 15% goal.
REALTOR® Party Tracker: Learn how your state and local association are using NAR programs to build political strength in your own backyard. Find out what tools and programs NAR is providing your association and how much money those programs cost.
To Download the REALTOR® Action Center Mobile App:
- The REALTOR® Action Center mobile app is currently available only for the iPhone and Droid platforms. Search for “NAR Action Center” on the iTunes Store or Droid Market and download the app today.
- After downloading the app, you will be asked to login using the email address associated with the REALTOR® Action Center and your NRDs number.
- When you login, you will be asked if you want to receive notifications from the REALTOR® Action Center. Click “Yes” to receive them.
- Once you are logged in, click on the button in the upper right corner that looks like three horizontal white lines to navigate the app.
- If you experience any problems downloading the app, retrieving your email or password, or logging into the app, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the REALTOR® Action Center team will respond.
We value your privacy. You will receive periodic text alerts from the NAR’s REALTOR® Action Center and its affiliates. You can unsubscribe at any time by sending a text message with only the word ‘STOP’ in reply to any text message from us.
The Small Print:
Message & Data Rates May Apply. If you need help with text messaging, please contact your carrier (AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon) directly for information on text messaging costs and plans and how to use the text messaging features of your phone. NAR can’t answer these questions for you.
Text ‘Help’ to 30644 for help, or email email@example.com